Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
Experience: 2-5 years of experience
“Let me tell you a story.”
Now you’ve got our attention.
There’s no disputing that storytelling in sales and marketing is trendy. But anyone who has ever stayed up way past bedtime reading To Kill a Mockingbird or binge-watching Breaking Bad will tell you it never went out of style. A good story will grab you every time.
We are looking for a great storyteller. If you are a clear and concise communicator who is gritty and creative, we have a spot for you. The Marketing Manager understands the importance of connecting with diverse audiences through compelling marketing messages to promote a company’s purpose and mission. He/she understands marketing trends, is flexible, is an effective team leader, and is not afraid to tackle new challenges. This candidate knows social media and digital marketing and has great project management skills. The Marketing Manager wants to connect with customers to align our marketing stories and branding. Any sales/business development experts trapped in marketers’ bodies that dabble in photography and video editing should definitely apply!
Here’s what we expect the Marketing Manager to do:
- Conduct strategic planning on an annual and quarterly basis. Set metrics and goals for the marketing department to achieve.
- Craft concise and compelling written copy. This includes writing stories for the website’s blogs, social media posts, reports, text for infographics, and storyboards for video.
- Manage the website (WordPress platform). Upload content, arrange media files, maintain graphics.
- Collaborate with and lead other members of the marketing team, including the Visual Storyteller and Videographer.
- Cultivate and manage existing relationships between vendors and partners, including a video production company, nonprofit partner, and photographer.
- Work with the Business Development team to make sure they have the marketing collateral and content needed to be successful.
- Develop monthly content calendars.
- Analyze analytics platforms to measure podcast downloads, website visitors (Google Analytics), social media, and video views.
- Maintain a fluid and cohesive brand presence. Support onboarding process for new employees to ensure LinkedIn profiles are up to date, email signatures align to brand standards, and key brand messages are understood.
- Lead the Voice of Value podcast production from start to finish. The process includes securing podcast guests, booking recording studio, and editing content.
- Work with eco clients on a consistent basis to help market value in their programs
- Passionate and gritty; excited to tackle challenging goals.
- An excellent writer and speaker.
- Understanding of marketing trends. Experience with video, connecting with diverse audiences, and account-based marketing is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible, tackle new challenges and lead a team effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree.