Business Development Associate
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry-Level to Experienced
You’re a strategic thinker who loves to connect dots between various people in your network. You like to solve problems, understanding how one person might be able to help another. You enjoy developing creative strategies to increase engagement with business executives through LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social platforms.
You have a knack for all types of communication—whether it’s a phone call, email, tweet, comment on a blog post, or a handwritten note. You like to learn and constantly look for new ways to achieve your goals.
As a Business Development Associate, you will:
- Create new business opportunities. By forming connections with prospective customers, you will create exciting new business opportunities for Ecosystems with some of the best companies in the world. You will use targeted communication to secure meetings with top-level executives and Ecosystems’ CEO.
- Conduct investigative meetings with prospects. You will meet with professionals on various levels within an organization to determine a good customer profile for Ecosystems.
- Investigate how we can help others. You will research the latest challenges that companies face and determine how we can help solve those problems.
- Develop strategic communication plans. You will work to understand diverse audiences and develop an organized and creative strategy for communication understanding that pleasant persistence will be needed to gain the attention of prospects.
- Engage our current customers. You must be able to build relationships through conversations with our customers.
- Serve as an industry analyst. The possibilities are endless—you can share a relevant news article, suggest a helpful podcast, or send a handwritten thank you note.
- Build your professional communication and business strategy skills, all while owning the critical front-line of our business development activity.
- Implement project management skills. While turning a lead into an opportunity, you will work with the Ecosystems team to manage business development deliverables. This includes guiding the presales process, tracking timelines and contacts and managing outcomes.
- Meet quarterly metrics. Must be comfortable with outcome-based success metrics.
- Passionate and gritty; excited to tackle challenging goals
- Self-starter with impeccable time management skills
- Understands how to inspire great conversations and build relationships quickly, comfortable with cold calling
- Engaging personality that is not easily deterred when faced with prospecting challenges
- Loves social media and knows how to connect with people through different platforms
- Writes in an engaging manner and possesses a professional energy on the phone
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional business experience a plus
- Ideally located in the Metro DC area but a remote position is possible for the right candidate